Types of technologies that we use
- A persistent cookie remains on your hard drive after you close your browser. Persistent cookies may be used by your browser on subsequent visits to the site until you choose to delete them, and otherwise typically delete themselves at expiration. Persistent cookies can be removed by following your web browser’s directions.
- A session cookie is temporary and disappears after you close your browser.
- A third-party cookie is placed by someone other than creativeLabs, and may gather browsing activity across multiple websites and across multiple sessions. They are usually a type of persistent cookie and are stored until you delete them or they expire based on the time set in each third-party cookie.
You can reset your web browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, some features of our service may not function properly if the ability to accept cookies is disabled. For more information about cookies, you may visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
Here’s a description of creativeLabs’s primary first-party cookies and their purposes:
|Campaing, Content, Medium, Source, Term||Tracks when you are referred to our website.|
|FirstVisit||Helps us track the first time a user visited our website.|
|LastVisit||Helps us track the last time a user visited our website.|
|Visits||Helps us track how many times a user visited our website.|
Log File Information: Log file information is automatically reported by your browser each time you access a web page. When you use the Service, our servers automatically record certain log file information. These server logs may include information such as your web request, Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, browser type, referring / exit pages and URLs, number of clicks and how you interact with links on the Service, domain names, landing pages, pages viewed, and other such information.
Web Beacons/Clear GIFs Information: When you use the Site, we may employ clear GIFs (also known as web beacons) which are used to track the online usage patterns of our users anonymously. In addition, we may also use clear GIFs in HTML-based emails sent to our users to track which emails are opened by recipients. The information is used to enable more accurate reporting, improve the effectiveness of our marketing, and enhance the creativeLabs experience for our users.
- Strictly necessary. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our Site. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our Site, use a shopping cart or make use of e-billing services.
- Functionality. These are used to recognize you when you return to our Site. This enables us to personalize our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
- Analytical/performance. They allow us to recognize and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our Site when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our Site works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
- Google Analytics: The Site also uses Google Analytics to help understand how our Service is used by its community. For some of the advertising features listed below, like retargeting, data from Google Analytics may be combined with our first-party data and third-party cookies (like Google’s advertising cookies). See here for how Google uses data when you use our Service and how you may opt out (www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/).
- Other Analytics Providers. We also use other third-party analytics services, including LinkedIn Analytics, Sift Science, Segment, and New Relic. We use these analytics providers to help understand use of the Service. These analytics services collect the information sent by your browser as part of a web page request, including cookies and your IP address, and their use of this information is governed by their privacy policies. You can find links to their privacy policies below, in the “Managing Cookies Technologies” section.
- Social Networks. These are used to enable you to interact with third-party social-networks when logged into our Site (subject to any preferences you set with those third-parties). Social networks may also work with us or with you for analytics or for marketing purposes, as discussed below. You may be able to manage your privacy preferences for these social networks and their tools and widgets via your account with the social network. You can find links to their privacy policies below in the “Managing Cookies Technologies” section.
- Targeting and Marketing. Although we do not serve third-party advertising on our Site, we do work with third-parties to target advertising for our Site on the third-party websites. These cookies record your visit to our Site, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our Site more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose. These third-party service providers may use various cookies and similar technology to permit us and them to show you ads on third-party websites. These may include things such as:
- Frequency capping, which limits the number of times a user’s browser or mobile device displays the same ad;
- Attribution tracking, which estimates what advertising or marketing source brought someone to our Site, or determines what marketing source led to actions like a visit or a purchase;
- Remarketing, which shows relevant ads to an audience based on prior shopping and browsing patterns on our Site;
- Audience targeting, which refers to targeting advertisements to a large audience based on the audience’s known or inferred demographics; and
- Cross-device recognition, which recognizes actions across multiple devices or browsers.
Some third-party service providers may provide information like demographics, cross-device information, or interest categories from a combination of sources that, while not identifying you personally, permit us to provide you with more relevant and useful advertising. In some cases, this information may have non-marketing performance analytics uses as well. These technologies allow a partner to recognize your computer or mobile device each time you visit our Site or other websites and mobile applications based on data like a cookie, your IP address, or device ID, but do not allow access to other personal information from our Site. However, these technologies may allow us or a third party to recognize you, either from a single device or across devices, over time. These third parties are required to follow applicable laws, self-regulatory programs, and our data protection rules where applicable. However, creativeLabs does not have control over these third parties, who each have their own privacy policies and privacy practices.
You can find links to their privacy policies below.
Managing Cookie Technologies
You have the ability to control the use of certain cookies and similar technologies.
Opt-in and Opt-out on Browsers
You block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our Site.
Opt-out of Third-Party Networks
For more information about third-party ad networks and services that use these technologies, and the ability to-opt out from tracking by participating vendors, you can visit www.aboutads.info or, if you are in the EU (http://youronlinechoices.eu/). You also may visit the NAI’s site for additional options on how to opt out of interest-based advertising (at https://optout.networkadvertising.org).
Google Analytics Opt-out
For Google Analytics Advertising Features, you can opt-out through Google Ads Settings, Ad Settings for mobile apps, or any other available means (for example, the NAI’s consumer opt-out listed above). You may find out more and opt-out here: www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/.
Additional Third-Party Cookies and Similar Technologies Used on the Site. Currently our Site uses these primary third-party cookies:
|Social Widget; Advertising||https://www.facebook.com/policies/cookies/|